Saturday, July 25, 2009

BLT Challenge | The Second Bread

 P7230116

After mixing the biga for The First Bread (previous post), I decided to try a batch of The Master Recipe:  Boule from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Fancois. My husband and I have been going through a lot of baguettes to eat with my pesto. I find most supermarket “French Bread” barely tolerable and wanted to start making my own on a regular basis. The Acme’s Rustic Baguettes from Artisan Baking turned out as I’d hoped, but I wanted to try a less labor-intensive method.

-----

P7230114

When The First Bread emerged as a ciapita, I followed the instructions for making ciabatta from The Master Recipe dough I had stored in the refrigerator.

-----

P7240146

This is more like what I expected, though I wish I hadn’t been afraid to thin it a bit more before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment