Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lemon Tart (with thanks to David Lebovitz)

PC270057

I was intrigued by David Lebovitz’s blog post on an interesting method for making French Tart Dough that he used with his lemon curd to make a Lemon Tart. I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand – instant gratification.

 

PC270042

Unfortunately, I was trying to work quickly and didn’t photograph the intermediate steps; check out the David Lebovitz’s French Tart Dough post for what the components should look like. You heat the butter, oil, water, sugar, and salt in a bowl in the oven until it just starts to brown around the edges, then dump in the flour – almost like pâte a choux. Mix it together and pat it into the pan. No rolling!

I didn’t have a tart pan, but I thought my springform would do in a pinch.

 

PC270045

It’s a bit too light, I think. I’ll bake it a bit longer next time.

 

PC270039

PC270044

Unsalted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar (plus two large eggs and 2 yolks) for the lemon curd.

 

PC270047

Ready to bake for 5 min.

PC270056

My husband said it wouldn’t be right without a dusting of confectioner’s sugar. The crust is wonderfully flaky and lovely with the homemade lemon curd filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment