Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chicken & Dumplings

Chicken & Dumplings-20100306_12

I saw this on America’s Test Kitchen (Chicken and Dumplings). I had the ingredients for Brown Poultry Stock in the freezer and thought it would be nice to make homemade stock to use in it instead of store-bought chicken stock.

 

Chicken & Dumplings-20100306_06

Golden-browned chicken thighs.

 

Chicken & Dumplings-20100306_03

Parsley, thyme, onions, celery, and carrots. (I forgot to photograph the homemade stock, sherry, milk and bay leaves and the mise en place for the dumplings – I was getting really hungry about now).

 

Chicken & Dumplings-20100306_08

Sweating the mirepoix.

 

Chicken & Dumplings-20100306_10

Simmering the chicken.

 

I added some finely chopped parsley to the dumpling dough. I don’t have a photo of the plating; it smelled so wonderful, my husband and I devoured it before I thought to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment