Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thyme Roasted Potatoes

Technorati Tags: ,,

P8160009

I’ve often heard that potatoes roasted in goose (or duck) fat are the best. As I had a bit of duck fat saved from the duck confit I used to make the Duck Rillettes,  I had to try some.

 

P8160003

I used this recipe for the method. I used small russet potato wedges. These were parboiled for 4 minutes.

 

P8160004

The lovely duck fat and some thyme from my garden. I sprinkled the thyme on the potatoes during the last 5 minutes.  The potatoes had a wonderful crunchy exterior and tender interior. They were good, well worth the effort.

P8160010

My husband had roasted a chicken with a rosemary-garlic paste spread under the skin in our Big Easy infrared turkey fryer.  It made a great sandwich with some homegrown lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment